|

Monday, July 12, 2004

Do you hear that Rocky theme song playing in your head?

I do.

This weekend has been filled with little triumphs for me. I went to a birthday party Saturday. It was great fun and of course the food was fabulous. So, of course I ate....a lot. In fact, by the end of the day, my Weight Watchers points totalled 56.5. For those who know the system, your eyes are probably bugging out. For those who don't, well, let me help with a visual. I only get 26 points a day to spend. Sure, I have flexpoints, but I didn't really have enough to cover that day.

So I thought about chalking it up to just being a greedy fat pig and I can start over on Monday, but then I noticed that I had only gone over my weekly allotment of Flexpoints by 3 points. Hmmmmm, how shall I make those up? Here's the kicker everyone....I actually jogged! For 20 minutes straight! Anyone who has had Asthma for a good portion of their lives will tell ya, jogging for 3 minutes is a miracle sometimes...well, except those with good meds.

I felt like a freaking super hero. Like I could rescue small kitties out of trees. My body is a little sore, but I KNOW I can do it now. I didn't just give up (like I usually do). Now, A is going to join me in a morning jog instead of our usual walk. That girl is a trooper.

On Sunday, we went on a family walk. We snagged some friends (JA and company)and walked to a nearby park. I think we spent a good hour or two out there, just playing around like little kids. There was this very neat futuristic playground that just screamed climb me...so we did! The whole family had a lot of fun...and JA who swore she wouldn't be able to make it there and back, did it like an old pro...and managed to play a bit in between.

When we got back home, I set up the barber shop in the bathroom. D needed a hair cut...REALLY. It was starting to get curly and long like a little school girl. Now the question is, "Arrogant Sage, have you ever cut anyone's hair before? Have you even TRIMMED anyone's hair before?" And of course the answer is "No".
But the man trusted me to cut his hair...in a professional manner. So, I nervously made the first snips...then got a little bolder and made it shorter and shorter. I went around his head like I knew what I was doing...thank goodness he has paid attention everytime he has had a hair cut. He makes a great instructor. The end result...FABULOUS. If I do say so myself. In fact, I think D is a little shocked about it too. He really likes it. I'm superwoman damnit!

Now my last triumph....culinary in nature. As soon as I finished that, I went straight to the kitchen to make us a good old fashioned Southern meal. The kind that takes an hour or more to cook. I had a huge pot of collard greens, some lightly battered pork chops, and sweet fried apples. Big meal...worth about 11 points if you manage to only eat one pork chop.

I feel good this morning. Oh hey, my measurements from 3/27/04 are 42, 41.5, 47.5, and 30. Today they are 40, 38.5, 44, and 27. That's 11.5 inches lost on my body. Not to mention that I started this year weighing in at 235. I now weigh 208.5. I finally broke 210!!