|

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Confession of a Crazed Woman

In the Book of Arrogant Sage, Chapter 2, Verse 13 it reads: "You shall not suffer a Perfectionist to live!"

Oye Ve...what is it with this particular breed of human being? I mean, I don't mind if you are a Perfectionist about your own doings. That's your business if you want to make yourself crazy. But please, please, please leave me out of it.

Last night I shined a goddamned light bulb!! Yes, you heard me. A light bulb was dirty..so I had to clean it. Who the hell notices dirty light bulbs?? Oh yeah, Perfectionists. So, peep this..there was this job, that I quit, and then I was called back in to go over some stuff that the boss's boss didn't like. She wants me to scrape things with my fingernails. She literally wanted me to go through the apts with a toothbrush. All in the name of generating more hours so she could "feel" like a superior job was being done. Sure it means more money, but it also equates to busy work. Basically, if there is nothing to be done, then make something up.

Now don't get me wrong. There were some things that were missed. Particularly that damn hood vent. It looked like I barely touched it...but then the Perfectionist wants that thing to look like it's brand new. Of course we won't mention the countless people who have lived in any given apartment...and how long they lived there without cleaning it once.

Help me Obi-wan...help me.