|

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Arrogant Sage and the Case of the Missing Diamond

Yes, you heard me right...my diamond is missing. Let me describe my beautiful engagement ring. It was platinum solitare with a little over a 1/2 carat diamond held by 4 prongs. It's those prongs that were my undoing. They have always given me trouble. Pretty much to the point where I didn't really where the ring at all.

I went swimming in a river with friends (a lovely time was had by all), apparently I hit a rock and my diamond is now somewhere in the riverbed.

No worries, ladies and gents. I have INSURANCE...not just renters, but personal policy on just the ring. Here's how it works. My ring was insured for $2500. They don't have to give me that full amount automatically. They have to find me an exact replacement. After finding a replacement, I have 2 options. I can either take the replacement, or I can take what it would cost to get the replacement. Of course, their replacement cost is much lower than if I had tried to replace it on my own. 

The ring they were going to replace it with is already in the blog....Picasa works weirdly. I want  the cash settlement so I can buy a smaller ring and spend lots of dough at Ikea!