|

Monday, June 20, 2005

Nostalgia

There are a few things I miss, now that I live at the far end of the United States....

  • A full selection of Faygo pop. Mmmmmm, Redpop was my favorite.
  • From Kentucky, it's Ale-8-One. A play on "A late one". It's a kind of ginger ale.
  • Chips from Jays! I used to put them in the middle of my sandwiches. You haven't had bologna until you can throw a handful of Jays in there!
  • I miss BW3. I used to work there in TN. The wings are out of this world. (yes, I had the sauces memorized)
  • Cracker Barrel. Nothing beats a good breakfast at the Barrel. (yes, I worked there too).
  • Okay, one thing can compare with b-fast at the Barrel....Sausage Gravy from Bob Evans.
  • Nobody round these parts knows BBQ like they do in Tennessee. My hat is tipped to Slick Pig Barbeque in downtown Murfreesboro. Damn, I can taste it right now.

I'm making myself very hungry right now, so I should stop. I can't freaking believe it, but I miss Murfreesboro. Someone, please shoot me in the head.