|

Thursday, May 26, 2005

Nice

It's been a whirlwind day here at Puget Sound. It is hot today. Dmouse has inspired me to blog my day in pictures.
Without further ado...

First, I had to get my beloved Cannon Eos Rebel fixed. For the love of Pete, the damn thing hasn't worked in over a year. I did everything I could, but my efforts fell short of fixing it (new batteries). So, there is only one person in South Sound who can fix a camera and he lives way out in BFD (Bum-Fucked Egypt, for all you non-Southerners). It was a gorgeous drive and he managed to find out the problem. For some reason, the camera got confused when it last rewound. So, basically, all he had to do was remove the film. :) He said it wasn't worth charging me for it, but I insisted I give him something. He charged me $5 for his time. Woo hoo.


He was a talkative kind of guy, but I didn't mind. He told me lots of interesting things about the area and even took me into his backyard so I could see his view of the bay. He lives right in the shipping lane! The water was moving soo fast, and you could see 3 different islands. This view is facing Bud Bay Inlet.


After that, we went to the Farmer's Market. It was lively (as usual) and C adored the jazz ensemble that was playing on the stage. We ate a Humbao (pork-filled, sweet bread dumpling) and danced to the music. C also got a free apple from the stand on the left of the picture.




This is the Heritage Park Fountain. We have been waiting on this for a very long time. It is finally hot enough outside, that it was worth our time. As you can see, C went buck wild! She ran and screamed and participated in general mayhem. Hell, I did too.

This is...well, an air conditioning unit. It's days like these, I am most grateful that we decided to buy this last fall. It was nice to be able to come up to our sandwiched apartment and be able to cool it down in minutes. Ahhh, bliss.

So that is the end of my day. Of course, it isn't over, but I am not taking anymore pictures. But just in case you really need some more images, I do have some from another day.



We took a quick trip to the marina (note the boats), and we saw the Landing was set up for some festival. It was a boating thing...anyway, we saw this baked potato vendor. The whole sign reads: Baked Potatoes and Chocolate Brownie Sundaes. Hmmmm....interesting flavor combinations. The best part was a group of 3 seniors singing pirate songs on a loud speaker. No, they were not drunk.


I told you before, C and I get around town on a bike and a trailer. Well, here it is. Our Flintstone-powered limosine.

I am soo done. My fingers hurt.