|

Saturday, March 05, 2005

And there was much rejoicing!

Ahhh, my anniversary was great. I even managed to get an MP3 player and a broken tooth!

I had lots of surprises all day. He woke up and got dressed for work as usual, but he didn't go to work when 7:30 rolled around. I asked him if he planed on going in today, and he said, "Oh, I forgot". Then he told me and C to get dressed.

The Big D took us out for breakfast in our favorite diner. Everyone should try Denny's...but it has to be the one down the street from me. I swear I haven't gotten bad food or bad customer service from that place yet.

That night, we got all dressed up again and dropped off C at my friend's house. (Woot, 'nother surprise...OVERNIGHT trip for the girl!) Then he took me to my favorite sushi place and I orded a couple of items to go...what, to go?? I just got dressed up. Ooooh, we are going home to eat it picnic style? No kids, no other people? NICE.

He slyly suggested we get some ice cream before we go home, and we drove to Cold Stone Creamery. We got a few samples and he asked me what I wanted. Just when I was going to make a decision, he tells the guy, "oh, I think we should just pick up that cake I ordered".
How awesome! When we lived in the 'Boro, we always ordered the same cake from the people who made our wedding cake. I miss that tradition. I was very happy that D started a new one for us. (By the way, it was cookie dough...yum)

Finally, we went home to enjoy our delicious food. Once there, we devoured our food (he had pizza), and we jumped into the cake. That's where the broken tooth comes in....Just a couple of months ago, I had a root canal. Of course, insurance covers the canal, but it doesn't cover a crown. Those bastards cost around $1000. I don't have $1000. So, I opted to wait and save for it. (as if I had a choice). Well, a root canaled tooth is a dead tooth. So at some point it becomes delicate. The front of my damn tooth shattered on a frozen chocolate chip!

Needless to say, I was pretty sad about that. Especially since D was just about to give me my last surprise. He had me blindfolded, so I wouldn't see the MP3 player he was setting up for me. I wasn't in any pain, so we went on with the surprise.
It's awesome. It's pink. I now NEED music!

I gave him a watch. His is blue...and damn, they have them on sale at the website!! Fuckers. Oh well. He really seems to enjoy his new watch. We had to take an "emergency" trip to JC Penney to have customer service adjust the band for him...after he took it apart....how were we supposed to know it wasn't a self-adjusting band. The instructions said it was!

The rest of the night is totally censored. Feel free to use your imaginations.

Ewww, Pez, quit thinking THAT. Boy you are one sick puppy.