|

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Arrogant Sage Rides Again

Last year, I got a free bike. It was nice. I got the idea that I could use that as my primary transportation if I could only find a way to lug C around. That's when I bought the trailer. Shortly after purchasing the trailer, my tire went flat. So, I of course, fixed it. I'm not soo good at putting back tires back on so I messed it up. The next time I rode the bike, I got stuck downtown with a warped back tire.

I called around to various places to see if they would take a look at it, and the guy at Olybike did. He told me that I would have to replace the tire for around $50. Hmmm...well, then it will have to wait. So no bike for me. That was at least 7 or 8 months ago.

Last Saturday, I took the bike to a shop right down the street and they told me that they could straighten the tire in no time. $24! Huh, what do you know about that? Then they told me about a tune-up special for $49.95...the straightening would be included!! So of course, I jumped at that chance and I picked up the bike (good as new) last night. Now I have a kick-ass bike waiting for me to ride it all over Olympia.....

Today, it rained.