|

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Temptation is a 4-letter word

And it is spelled IKEA. I can't wait. My mom, sister, and nephews are coming out here to stay for a week! Of course the first thing we are going to do when I pick them up from the airport is visit IKEA. So far, I have decided that I need some shelves and 2 overhead lights. I just don't know which ones. And you know what? Maybe it's time to get a freaking couch. Two chairs are just not cutting it anymore. Time for my furniture to coordinate...lol.

Have I really moved into that upper echelon of life? You know, that one where you can afford to buy a couch for the living room. It's crazy, I have been on the verge of poor for so long...ah, shit, I've been poor for a while. But you don't really know it when you are in it. Except for when I do the taxes...whoa! I guess it's hard to feel money poor when you are soo rich in everything else. I've got no complaints. In fact, I just got a birthday card from my mother in law. She put me in tears. Gotta love that woman. It read:
Thank you for being a good wife to my son and thanks for being a wonderful mom to my grandbaby. I know I don't have to worry about them. That means a lot to me. But I also want to tell you how much I love you for being you. I haven't forgotten how you was there for me when I thought things were so bad. I also think I couldn't have made it without you. Have a great day and "Reach for the Stars". Love ya, M


The "Reach for the Stars" is something I forgot until I just typed it out. It was a little angel I had knitted for her that had "Reach for the Stars" on it's wings. She is truly a class act.

That's enough sentimental for me. It's that (What did you call it Pez?) "falling off the roof" time for me and it's easy to set me off.

I've got a million things to do today and they all require guts of steel. I will tackle the Wal-Mart supercenter. I will get my groceries. I will not kill my family in the process.